We’re excited to announce that on Friday, May 15 we plan to re-open. Our new hours will be Tuesday – Saturday, 11am – 6pm. Donations will be accepted Tuesday – Saturday 12pm – 5pm. We are so thankful to our community for continuing to engage with us during our temporary closure. Our online shopping and curbside pickup options will continue in order to keep at-risk community members safe and to provide an alternative to in-store shopping.
As we plan our reopening, we want to talk with you about what shopping with and donating to The RE Store will look like. Our reopening will not be a return to normal; things will look and feel slightly different. However, we know these differences are vital to keeping you and our staff safe. We aim to make your visit convenient, stress free, and, most importantly, safe.
Our reopening strategy will have four main focuses:
- Hygiene – Our staff have received COVID-19 and infectious disease-specific health and safety training on procedures to keep ourselves and our community safe. Each day, we screen all staff upon entering the facility, perform wellness checks, disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, and don appropriate personal protective equipment at all times. We will require staff to wear masks at all times. Customers will only be admitted into the store with a face mask or covering. We will have hand sanitizer dispensers ready for use. Heavily trafficked areas will be sanitized throughout the day. We ask that if you are sick, high risk, or have come in contact with anyone that has tested positive for or displayed COVID-19 symptoms to please stay home and use our new online store.
- Occupancy – We are restricting occupancy and will be admitting shoppers through the Meridian entrance and our new exit door will be through the parking lot. Staff will be on hand to manage occupancy and assist with shopping flow.
- Social distancing – Customers and staff are required to stay a minimum of 6ft apart at all times. We have erected protective barriers at the register and have also installed markings on the floor to regulate the flow of shopping, minimize the risk of contact, and to indicate where to stand when checking out.
- Safe donations – We have developed two easy and convenient donation options.
- Drop off – Our donation drop off at the Store will resume with restricted hours. Donations will be accepted Tuesday – Saturday 12pm – 5pm.
- Curbside pickup – We are also offering no-contact curbside pickup of donated materials. To schedule a pick up, call or text 360-815-4339 with descriptions and images of your items. Pre-approved items can be set out on the curb on the day of your scheduled pick up. We’ll pick up the items, leaving you with a clutter free home!
We will be taking each day as it comes and plan to readjust to meet the needs of our staff and community. We look forward to welcoming you back to our store.