There are jobs — and then there are careers. At The RE Store we do the kind of work that makes a difference, challenges the status-quo, encourages personal growth, surrounds you with creative, smart and passionate people. It’s the kind of work that will have you excited to show up each day. But we also know passion doesn’t pay the bills. That’s why we are committed to striving toward a living wage and provide quality health insurance coverage (medical/dental/vision), a generous paid time off program, and employee discounts. Sound appealing? Come join us.
Current job openings
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well managed and focused on its mission. The Executive Director represents RE Sources in the community and directly supervises all program activities as well as the development, communications, finance, and administrative departments. The ideal candidate is a visionary leader with excellent management skills, public relations credentials and fundraising experience.
Specifically, the ED:
- Develops and maintains relationships with elected officials, community leaders, nonprofit partners, native tribes, and other impacted communities;
- Works with the director team to develop, manage, and track budgets; ensure compliance and clear communication of and with laws, policies, and procedures; ensure that programming is in alignment with the strategic plan; and creates and implements an annual fundraising plan that prioritizes quality relationships with major donors and private foundations;
- Participates in local and state level activities related to the organization’s program work.
The ED is a full time, exempt position and is eligible to participate in RE Sources’ full compensation and benefit package. Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, put “Executive Director” in subject line, or drop off cover letter and resume to our offices located on the second floor of: 2309 Meridian St, Bellingham. The interview process will begin on Friday, Sept. 28th. See the Job Description for details.
We are seeking our next Development Director. The Development Director is a member of the organizational leadership team and oversees and implements a number of fundraising activities with a particular focus on individual gifts at all levels. Major initiatives in the coming 1-3 years will be:
- Set the stage for a capital, reserve fund, and/or endowment campaign.
- Oversee efforts to maximize benefits and efficiencies in Salesforce donor database, Campaign Monitor, and the Voter Action Network (VAN) software programs.
- Continue to grow our donor base and deepen our existing relationships with individual supporters and major donors.
- Launch a planned giving program and build a monthly giving program.
Please email your resume, references, and letter of interest to email@example.com with “Development Director” in the subject line, or drop them off at our office on the 2nd level at 2309 Meridian St., Bellingham. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. See the Job Description for details.
We are seeking our next Database Ace (Database Coordinator). The Database Coordinator will be a key teammate in coordinating the organization’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to engage, build, and motivate our growing supporter base of over 20,000 contacts. This is a new specialized position and we are excited to invest in training and provide clear guidance to prioritize projects. The Database Coordinator will develop and maintain seamless integration between Salesforce and other CRM tools for email marketing, community organizing, donation processing, and more. The ideal candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills. The successful candidate will be an avid learner, quick to adapt to changing technologies, and able to readily apply new skills. Read the job description.
Current internship opportunities
We offer unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a non-profit organization.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator Internship
The RE Store seeks a motivated intern who will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of marketing and communication plans. This is a part-time, unpaid position for 10-15 hours per week on-site. Open starting Fall 2018, this is an intensive internship with advanced learning opportunities and requires a three quarter minimum commitment. Intern reports to the Marketing and Outreach Manager. Intern supervisor is glad to work with intern and scholastic advisor to meet coursework requirements. Through work experience and mentorship from intern supervisor, the intern will gain a well-rounded knowledge of marketing, communications, and event planning in support of the mission of a non-profit.
The intern will gain experience in:
- The basic operations of a nonprofit organization;
- Managing and growing online presences for increased return on investment (ROI) by using search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and data analysis;
- Scheduling, project management, and time management;
- Building and developing partnerships and community relationships;
- The use of advanced social media tools, Adobe Creative Suite, a digital SLR camera and WordPress Content Management System,
- Maintaining professional interpersonal relationships;
- Topics relating to digital photography, analytics, graphic design, website management, strategic planning, evaluation, budgeting and more.
To learn more, read the job description.