The RE Store is building affordable, quality furniture from reclaimed materials.
A tour through the gallery reveals a wide variety of highly functional, stylish items. Shelving, cabinets, benches and chests are built from interior and cabinet doors. Outdoor accouterments like planters and arbors are made from reclaimed lumber, doors, stair railing parts, salvaged hardware and more. Items are built to meet the needs of small spaces and priced to be competitive and affordable.
- Drool over the reclaimed furniture photo gallery
- View our do-it-yourself quick tip videos
- Learn more about our design/build team
- Learn about the goals of REvision Division
Who is coming up with all these great ideas?
Bellingham: Eberhard Eichner – Furniture Builder and Designer
With an extensive 35 year background in all aspects of custom woodworking, design and manufacturing procedures, Eberhard has been the creative force and artistic originator of repurposed furniture at The REvision Division since 2011. He has been transforming marginal, “orphaned” and discarded materials into functional and beautiful pieces. His work furthers the re-purpose process and empowers the community through education, design consultation and shared experimentations. Eberhard was born, raised and received his journeyman’s certificate in Berlin, Germany. He has been residing in the Northwest since 1978, in Whatcom County since 2001. He gives the credit to the foundation of his re-purpose skills to his family’s imaginative resourcefulness through necessity and fun.
Do It Yourself Videos
Our Youtube channel hosts an ever-growing list of how-to videos. Check them out!
Build Furniture From Used Hollow Core Doors
How To Make Fast Furniture Joints With Reclaimed Materials
How to Build a Bookshelf from Reclaimed Cabinet Doors
Decorative Trim Without Mitres: Easy Cabinet Facelifts Using Scrap Trim
How to make small tables from recycled materials – Part 1:Table Underpinnings
Check out the photos below or come in to our Bellingham store to see the new REvision Division gallery.
Use your left and right arrows to navigate to the next photo.
Since 2011, our team has crafted over 500 individually-designed pieces of functional furnishings each year. These have all been built from repurposed building materials in our own two stores.
- Building techniques are being developed that increase the speed and efficiency of creating furniture from reclaimed materials.
- We consider it REvision Division a “laboratory” and testing facility for materials and ideas.
- Custom designs meet the needs of individual home owners and businesses.
Our designers explore, develop and determine techniques and procedures to craft highly functional, durable and pleasing furniture from these materials:
- Hollow-core, louver and other random doors
- “Orphaned “ cabinet doors
- Salvaged lumber and molding
- Flooring remnants
- Ceramic and Glass
- Mismatched furniture components
- Miscellaneous hardware and metal
- Woodcraft production overruns
- Incomplete stair parts
- Showroom samples
- Whatever else strikes our fancy
Your feedback is important to us, whether it is an idea for a piece or constructive criticism of items in use. Please contact us with your inquiries.