Seattle Store – Ballard
Why is The RE Store in Seattle closing?
After much deliberation, the Board of RE Sources for Sustainable Communities decided that construction and demolition waste issues are being adequately addressed by other businesses and organizations in the Seattle area, and therefore will be closing The RE Store in Seattle. We will be focusing our efforts on serving northwest Washington at our Bellingham location.
The Seattle RE Store will be closing on May 31st. The Bellingham store will remain open for business as usual. The RE Store is owned and operated by RE Sources for Sustainable Communities, a Washington state 501c3 nonprofit corporation.
Location and Hours
1440 N.W. 52nd Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Just north of the Ballard Bridge on the NE corner of 15th Ave NW and NW 52nd Street
Bus routes 15, 17 and 18 all go right past the store on 15th.
28, 29, 61 and 62 go on on Leary Way, 4 blocks south of our store.
Route 44 goes along NW Market which is just 3 blocks north of our store.
Monday through Saturday 9 A.M. – 6 P.M. and Sundays 10 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Drop-off donations are welcome until 1 hour before closing.
What can I expect at The RE Store in Seattle?
The RE Store in Seattle opened in 1999. The store carries cabinets, doors, windows, plumbing fixtures, a large variety of vintage and antique lighting and door hardware, flooring, trim, and much more. Inventory is different every day with our Field Service crews crews bringing new items in every day for your remodeling and restyling needs.
The RE Store generally prices our inventory at 50% of the price of new or less. You will find many items with vintage style or the quality construction that cannot be found in big-box home improvement warehouses.
Things to see at the Seattle store:
- Stroll through the outstanding vintage lighting section
- Check out our line of MetroPaint – new paint made from recovered paint - a steal at $14 per gallon or $65 per 5 gallon
- Explore the back lot with architectural items, stone work and more
- Browse the extensive variety of classic door knobs, hinges, escutcheons and other hardware
- Browse our REvision Division gallery with affordable furniture made by us from reclaimed materials
- Enjoy our public bathroom that can’t be described in words
- Help yourself to a complimentary cuppa coffee
- See the public mural that The RE Store collaborated on with Summit High School art students, Sustainable Ballard, artist David Benzler and Art Books Press
See what people have to say about us on Yelp.com.
Find out what workshops are happening.
Learn about all the ways you can get involved with The RE Store.
Donating materials – save money on disposal!
If you are finishing a remodel project or cleaning out the garage, don’t pay money to dump usable building materials or let them rot outside! We accept a wide variety of building supplies, furniture for businesses and homes, and decorative items.
- While we want to keep as much as we can out of the landfill, we are selective and must view items before accepting them.
- We don’t accept items that are broken, unsafe or deemed unsellable by our experienced staff.
- PLEASE CALL AHEAD to ensure that we are interested in your items:
- Seattle: (206) 297-9119
- Bellingham: (360) 647-5921
Depending on the materials that you donate, you may be eligible for:
- In-Store Trade Credit – for 10-25 percent of our retail price. Example: We give you 10 dollars trade credit for a door that we would sell for 40 dollars. *** Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 10-15 percent of The RE Store sales value. Tax receipts for donations are valued by you, even if we come and pick up your items.
- Tax receipt – you determine the value of your donation to our non-profit organization. Please consult an accountant regarding tax deductions.
* DISCLAIMER * All items for sale on first-come, first-served basis.
Measurements provided by The RE Store sales staff should be verified by customers before purchase. Materials can sell very quickly and may be one-of-a-kind items.
Contacting us via telephone will ensure the quickest response. Phone numbers are listed in the footer at the bottom of every page.
*Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 15-20 percent of The RE Store sales value depending on travel distance. Tax receipt donations are still determined by you if we come and pick up your items.
The RE Store is a non-profit organization, reducing waste, saving you money, and inspiring reuse since 1993.